Rules Marathon For All
SECTION 1. ORGANIZER AND OFFICIAL REGULATION OF THE COMPETITION
The competition «CHISINAU INTERNATIONAL MARATHON» (hereinafter referred to as «Competition») is organized by A.O. Clubul Sportiv “Sporter” (NGO Sports Club “Sporter”), in partnership with “SIMPALS” company and the largest classifieds website in Moldova 999.md
A.O. Clubul Sportiv “Sporter” aims to promote sporting activities and a healthy lifestyle among the citizens of the Republic of Moldova, and also to involve the local community in actions of promoting sport and its benefits.
Participants must comply with the terms and conditions of the Official Competition Regulations (hereinafter referred to as «Official Regulations»). The Official Regulations are available for free to every applicant on the website www.marathon.md. By participating in this Competition, participants agree to observe and to comply with all rules, terms and conditions of these Official Regulations.
SECTION 2. PERIOD AND COMPETITION AREA
2.1. DATE AND PLACE OF THE COMPETITION:
Distances 10 km, 21 km and 42 km - the competition will be held on Sunday, September 26 2021, start at 08:55 AM in Chisinau. Line-up of the participants at the start will begin from 08:00 AM in PWD area protected by the dividing fences in front of the start arch. The start and finish area being located in the Great National Assembly Square – GNAS (Piața Marii Adunări Naționale), according to Organizational Aspects, as mentioned in SECTION 3 of these Regulations.
Fun Run 1,5 km - the competition will be held on Sunday, September 26 2021, start at 09:00 AM in Chisinau. Line-up of the participants at the start will begin from 08:00 AM in PWD area protected by the dividing fences in front of the start arch. The start and finish area being located in the Great National Assembly Square – GNAS (Piața Marii Adunări Naționale), according to Organizational Aspects, as mentioned in SECTION 3 of these Regulations.
SECTION 3. ORGANIZATIONAL ASPECTS
3.1. PARTICIPANTS AND CONDUCT OF THE COMPETITION
This Competition equally aims at children, youth and adults at wheelchairs, who will compete at the distances established by the organizers, depending on their age and level of training.
- For the marathon competition (42 km 195 m) are eligible only people who turned 18 years old before or on the race day who can compete by themselves or with partial assistance of assistants who will stand at the hydration points. If the participant needs constant assistance in overcoming the distance, the assistant must be indicated in the registration form.
- For the half-marathon competition (21 km 0975 m) are eligible only people who turned 18 years old before or on the race day who can compete by themselves or with partial assistance of assistants who will stand at the hydration points. If the participant needs constant assistance in overcoming the distance, the assistant must be indicated in the registration form.
- For the competition 10,5 km race are eligible only people who turned 16 years old before or on the race day who can compete by themselves or with partial assistance of assistants who will stand at the hydration points. If the participant needs constant assistance in overcoming the distance, the assistant must be indicated in the registration form.
– For the competition Fun Run (1,5 km) all comers, regardless of age, are allowed, who can compete by themselves or with partial assistance of assistants, which can be provided by organizers. If the participant needs constant assistance in overcoming the distance, the assistant must be indicated in the registration form.
Everyone who wishes to participate in the competition shall access the “Information” page in “Marathon for All” section then register until the deadline stated on it. For the competitive races, there will be NO registration on the day of competition.
3.2. COMPETITIVE DISTANCES
All the competitive distances will take place on Sunday (September 26, 2021).
Marathon – individual race of 42 km 195 m;
Half Marathon – individual race of 21.097 km;
10K Race – individual race;
Fun Run– 1.5 km will be held on September 26th as well.
The racetrack will be marked by the organizers using fences and restrictive bands, and will be observed by contest judges and policemen located at different points along the racetrack. Description and route map are available on the official website of the competition.
- Fun Run (1.5 km): Great National Assembly Square (GNAS) - Stefan cel Mare Av.- Vasile Alecsandri St. - Veronica Micle St. - Mitropolit Banulescu Bodoni St - Finish;
– 10K Race (10,5 km): GNAS –Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. –Ciuflea Str.– Dacia Blvd. (up to Trandafirilor Str.) –Dacia Blvd. –Ciuflea Str. – Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. (up to Toma Ciorba Str.) – Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. – GNAS;
– Half marathon (21 km): GNAS –Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. –Ciuflea Str.– Dacia Blvd. (up to Trandafirilor Str.) –Dacia Blvd. –Ciuflea Str. – Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. (up to Toma Ciorba Str.) – Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. – GNAS; (2 circles, each of 10.5 km);
– Marathon (42,195 km): GNAS –Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. –Ciuflea Str.– Dacia Blvd. (up to Trandafirilor Str.) –Dacia Blvd. –Ciuflea Str. – Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. (up to Toma Ciorba Str.) – Ștefan cel Mare Blvd. – GNAS; (4 circles, each of 10.5 km);
Route change or race cancellation.
In case of bad weather conditions, organizers reserve the right to change the route, time limits or even delay/cancel/postpone the competition.
In these cases, participants will be announced by e-mail, and additional information will be published on the competition website.
3.4. REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION CONDITIONS
Participants should register online, on the website Registration link.
By fulfilling the registration form, each participant:
– declares that he/she accepts and understands the terms and conditions of participation in “Chisinau International Marathon”, as well as the competition rules and regulations.
– agrees that his/her images and other public data, as the obtained results, the competition leaderboard, can be used in promotional materials of the event, including photos, videos, interviews, posters, etc.
Incomplete forms will be considered invalid and will be cancelled.
3.4.2 Participation conditions
In order to participate in the competition and receive the race kit, the following conditions shall be observed:
1) The runner must be at least 18 years old (participants under 18 years of age shall provide a written agreement from parents and/or coach).
3) The runner must provide an original identity document.
The organizer reserves the right to refuse a participant’s registration or remove a participant from the race for objective reasons.
3.5. RACE KIT
The race kit includes the official T-shirt, official backpack, bib number with a built-in timing chip.
May also include other promotional materials/objects from partners.
After crossing the finish line, participants who managed to match the time limits will be awarded with the official medal of the event.
3.6. PARTICIPATION FEE
Entry fees for all races:
Marathon (42 km 195 m) - free. Every participant receives official T-shirt, backpack and finisher’s medal
Half Marathon ( 21 km ) - free. Every participant receives official T-shirt, backpack and finisher’s medal.
10,5 km race - free. Every participant receives official T-shirt, backpack and finisher’s medal.
Fun Run race (1,5 km) – free. Every participant receives official T-shirt.
3.7. DECLARATION OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
For Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K Race, upon picking up the race kit, participants shall sign a declaration of personal responsibility, thereby confirming their participation and physical training.
Registrants under 18 years of age must have the declaration of personal responsibility signed by a parent.
3.8. COMPETITION EQUIPMENT. BIB NUMBERS
BIB numbers will be provided by the organizers.
For Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K Race, BIB numbers (with an attached timing chip) will be issued to competitors with the race kit, according to the schedule.
In exceptional cases, on the event day, race kits will be issued (between 06:00 – 08:30) only to confirmed participants who do not have a residence in Chisinau.
For marathon, half marathon and 10.5 km race, for safety reasons, participant is allowed to compete only with a helmet.
Participants are allowed to start on simple or athletic wheelchairs, without auxiliary electric appliances.
Participants are responsible for verifying that the timing chip embedded in the BIB number is NOT detached, damaged or covered by outwear.
Any participant who does not wear his/her contest number on the front or wears someone else’s BIB number instead of the one issued by the organizer will be disqualified.
On the competition day, changing or replacing the BIB number in case of loss or exchange of BIB numbers between participants will NOT be possible. These violations lead to disqualification.
The timing system calculates each runner’s result by split times at official timing checkpoints – at the start, in timing checkpoints and at the finish.
ATTENTION! Runners with missing split times at official timing checkpoints will be automatically disqualified. Participants are responsible for verifying that the BIB number is worn on the front of T-shirt and that the timing device is not damaged.
3.9. START – TIME LIMIT – ROADS REOPENING
Please consult the official program of the event on the official site www.marathon.md to find out the starting times for each trial.
For marathon the time limit is 6 hours.
For half marathon the time limit is 6 hours.
For the 10K race the time limit is 6 hours.
Participants who will come to the Finish after this time limits will not be included in the race leaderboard and will not be awarded with a medal.
Competitors who exceed the time limit will be warned by race judges and will have to go in the Start/Finish area.
ATTENTION! Continuing the race after exceeding the time limit is prohibited. After this time limit, roads will be reopened to traffic and organizers will not be responsible for participants’ safety any longer.
3.10. RESULT TIMING
For Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K Race, the «official leaderboard» will be established using an electronic timing system and will be available on the competition website within maximum 24 hours after the race ending.
Awarding in ABSOLUT category is made according to the GUN TIME (time from official start to the moment of crossing the finish line)
Awarding in AGE GROUP category is made according to the NET TIME (time from crossing the start line to the moment of crossing the finish line)
Participants will be disqualified in the following cases:
— non-compliance with the organizers’ instructions concerning mandatory equipment and wearing of the BIB number on the chest.
— unsportsmanlike conduct.
— non-compliance with the organizers’ or volunteers’ instructions.
— cutting the course.
— the organizer and medical personnel may remove a participant from the race if they consider it’s in the best interests of participant’s health and welfare
— changing or losing the assigned BIB number.
— exceeding the time limit given for the race.
Any participant may complain against any other participant who did not comply with the competition rules and against the officials’ decisions.
A written appeal and a 200 MDL fee shall be lodged to the organizers’ tent within 15 minutes from the moment the preliminary results were announced. The fee will be refunded to the complainant if his appeal is accepted.
SECTION 4. NOTIFICATIONS AND AWARDING
4.1. TITLES AND PRIZES
Absolute 42 KM
6 places prize places: men and women, 1-3 places.
Absolute 21 KM
6 places prize places: men and women, 1-3 places.
Absolute 10 KM
6 places prize places: men and women, 1-3 places.
Awarding on CATEGORIES (male/female):
Aged from 14 to 19
Aged from 20 to 24
Aged from 25 to 29
Aged from 30 to 34
Aged from 35 to 39
Aged from 40 to 44
Aged from 45 to 49
Aged from 50 to 54
Aged from 55 to 59
Aged from 60 to 64
Aged from 65 to 70
Aged from 70 to 74
Aged from 75 to 79
Aged from 80 +
The participation diplomas (only for marathon, рфда marathon, 10.5 km) will be in electronic format and can be downloaded within two days after the event on the competition site.
The official festivity of the prizes will take place on the stage at Expo Zone. To find out the exact time of festivity, please consult the official program of the competition.
SECTION 5. ADMINISTRATIVE CONDITIONS
5.1. HYDRATATION POINTS
In compliance to all international regulations, hydratation points (with flat water, fruits) will be positioned on every 5 km of the route and in the Start/Finish area. Upon arrival, all participants will receive flat water, fruits and energy drinks. Participants are asked to throw the plastic bottles and glasses in areas close to hydration points to facilitate the cleaning process.
5.2. FIRST AID – AMBULANCE – WITHDRAWAL
Each Aid Station is staffed by an ambulance team, provided by the organizers. It will be situated in the Start/Finish area and other areas, if required to do so. It will be announced by the race judges in case of any injuries, and it will move on an emergency basis to provide the necessary aid to injured participants.The runners are asked to inform the organizers about their withdrawal from the race.
5.3. OTHER CONDITIONS
Participants’ supporters (members of family, friends) may stay in the vicinity of the route, but outside the running course, taking care not to damage the green areas. The road traffic will be restricted throughout the duration of the competition on all running routes.
The event will be assisted by:
– traffic and local officers, in accordance with legislation in force in the Republic of Moldova.
SECTION 6. OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
6.1. COMPETITOR’S OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– competitors undertake to wear the participation number on the front during the competition;
– competitors participate in the competition on their own responsibility;
– competitors who abandon the race, regardless of reason, must inform the organizer immediately at one of the following places: at start, at the checkpoints, at finish or by calling the emergency number that will be announced pre-emptively and which you can find on the official website of the competition.
– competitors who suffer an accident or any kind of physical or material damage, renounce themselves by entering the competition to any right to claim for damages or appeal to any person involved in organizing the competition, in particular against: the organizer or volunteers involved in competition organization (natural or legal persons), sponsors, public institutions supporting the competition (mayoralty, local council, police, etc.).
– competitors must attend the briefing and consider carefully the information announced by the organizers.
– competitors bear all civil, contraventional and criminal liability for any damage caused by them to other persons during the race.
– in case of an accident, competitors are obliged to report it to the next checkpoint.
– competitors understand that the organizers are applying all effort to stop traffic during the race, but they are committed to cross carefully through open car traffic and to comply with police and volunteer instructions in all situations.
– competitors understand that the organizer applies effort to ensure the size of the T-shirt appropriate to each participant, and if the organizer no longer has the appropriate size, the participant shall accept other size of the T-shirt.
– competitors undertake full responsibility for the objects lost or forgotten on the route during the competition.
6.2. ORGANIZER’S OBLIGATIONS
The organizer undertakes to:
– mark the route appropriately, to avoid wandering;
– ensure revitalization points along the route;
– ensure the participants’ awarding according to the information submitted in the section Awarding;
– ensure the establishment of checkpoints along the route and the observance of arrival order of the competitors to these ones;
– conduct a technical meeting before the competition, any changes announced on this occasion taking precedence over the information presented before.